Monday, May 19, 2008

Track day pics!

I'll leave this posting clean and simple... Words do little for an event like this.

First group of the convoy about to leave for Kg. Gajah.
An overview of the parking area from the grand stand. We had an AWESOME turn out.
Even the fields were full of cars.
Including the volleyball court side!
Some of the early arrivals waiting for our second convoy to arrive as well as local participants.
Under the palms... Looks exotic ler?
Just look at the amount of drivers attending the track briefing... Phew!
Even the local drifters were here to show us some tire burning action!
A beautiful A31
Just check out the camber all these drifters had on.. Exceeding 4deg. of slant!
Our first casualty of the day. His wheel had dug into the soft sand and got stuck. Thanks to Dennis for helping out with his winch equipped Ford Ranger.

Soon, at lunch time, Adam and Tom from ZTH showed up with the official ZTH car. The M3 CSL. There was also a pretty girl and a camera man that came along to provide coverage (I'm very sorry, I'd forgotten your names) for this event.

I took Tom out for a brief drive through the track (in Raj's R3 GTi.. Thanks bro) to see the course while Adam was following behind in the M3.

*sorry guys no vid as its too long for youtube and the editor on my com went corrupt*

The mini race started around 4p.m. and Boy was leading the 1.6L group... Excessively I might add.
The more exciting and "interesting" >1.6L group was taking off.
Suhaimi took pole position.
While our very friendly Raj brought home a close 2nd place. (Thanks for the drive and sorry for the scratches, we go yam cha tonight.) Patrick Gun got a cheery 3rd placing and still in his full face helmet! We ended the journey with a hearty dinner at Tg. Tualang. I missed my lunch...
The prawns there were HUGE!

We parted ways and bid farewell to each other. We'll see you all at the next excursion! Cheers.

p.s. I blew my engine in the first half of the day... If anyone's got pics of it, pls drop a comment and I'll be in touch.

Courtesy of Dennis : Pics of the Silver Banana on tow.

3 comments:

Waileng Tan said...

Scav,
Dennis got a pic of your Silver Banana on-tow @ his blog
Anyway, update us the moment you have news on your car.

ScAvEnGeR said...

Hi Pik! Thanks for the great info. I'll "curi" from him soon and post it up here.

I will be in touch. Don't you worry about that :)

I'll swing by your place for some home cooked food once my car's done up... :P

ScAvEnGeR said...

Hi Pik! Thanks for the great info. I'll "curi" from him soon and post it up here.

I will be in touch. Don't you worry about that :)

I'll swing by your place for some home cooked food once my car's done up... :P