Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rubber! Oh glorious rubber!

I'd just went to Chris' place to get my track day rubbers installed for a fun-filled Sunday at the Dato Sagor Track. I went and got my spare 17" rims from the store and brought them down to get the rubbers installed.

As we were fitting the rims on Silver, it started to drizzle but nothing will dampen my spirits that evening... I was going for a tyre test no matter what!

I had never ran rubbers so wide so I was quite adamant on how the Silver Banana would handle. Luckily, it was spot on! Great on-centre feel and loads of grip in the wet... Or damp, rather. I'd yet to test these rubbers in the dry but I've heard great reviews of it although most of the users were highway cruisers... Hey, rhymes... Kewl.

The only gripe I had with the tires are that its too comfortable.. And that brings about more doubts on how it'd handle on track as the level of comfort would relate to the stiffness of the sidewalls. Dang! But with proper engineering, maybe these tires may not suck after all.

I guess we'll just have to wait and find out this weekend.

See you all there, in whatever you wear!

*forgive my attempts at rhyming in this post... or ever! :P

No comments: