Monday, April 20, 2009

A Pavilion to work and play

With the PC fair in town and everyone who's anyone in this IT driven world will be attending to get the latest deals and hottest parts in town. I took a dive and went straight to visit an old pal at Swisspac resources for a laptop which I'd been dying to get for some time now. With my specifications in place and some work requirements thrown in, Ryan recommended to me the HP Pavilion dv3500 as an all rounder, complete with entertainment and work rolled in.
I slowly unpacked my new toy and read all the instructions inside and out before even putting on the battery. There are lots of functions in electronic items that we are unaware of simply because we chose to neglect the instruction booklet.
Right out of the box and it looked beautiful, it looked like MY computer, it looked right... It looked personal! And that's what HP aims to do, to make the computer "personal again".What I loved most about the booting up process was the thumb reader whereby I could just swipe my thumb and the computer will recognise who I am and log on for me. Sweet!
As I'm really not a gamer buff, the latest game I had was the NFSU Underground 2 which I'd installed immediately to test out the graphics and it was to no dissapointment.

Thanks a lot to Ryan for the RM600 rebate and awesome suggestion.

2 comments:

darius said...

underground 2? sweet! one of my favourites...

ScAvEnGeR said...

I'm kinda old skewl on games... Sadly... I'm into the real thing!

Haha...